IL TRIANGOLO RESTAURANT ®
The site of IL Triangolo is rich in Queens history. In 1640, John Burroughs established his farm here. During the Revolutionary War it was occupied by Dr. Harper, surgeon of the Royal Gerrision Battalion. The property remained in the Burroughs family throughout the middle of the 19th century, when it was acquired by Jonathan Randal. (Randal is best known as the owner of Randall's Island, which he sold to the city of New York in 1835). This historic farm was subdivided by the Randal estate in the early 20th century. Our building was constructed at this time. In the early 1980’s, Angelo Gigliotti, an immigrant from Calabria, Italy, made his American dream by purchasing this historical building and restoring it to its original condition.